- THIS SITE RUNS ON ADS, SO PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR AD-BLOCKER TO SUPPORT YOUR TRANSLATOR!
- A GLOSSARY IS HERE for terms left in pinyin, for those who need it!
- ALL AVAILABLE CHAPTERS ARE LISTED ON THE TABLE OF CONTENTS PAGE UNDER “CURRENT [BG] ROMANCE PROJECTS!”]
Nee Liang looked at Qi RongYue’s elegant appearance. Her heart first shook and her mouth trembled, but she couldn’t say anything.
The old furen lightly coughed. Zhao mama helped her over to the consultation table. She forced out a smile on her face full of wrinkles. “RongYue, you’re back. I abstained from meat and prayed to Buddha for the past few days for your safe return. It’s good that you’re back!”
Qi RongYue had no expression on her face. She mildly said, “Why is old furen in Rongyu Hall?”
The old furen looked embarrassed. She cursed Qi RongYue a hundred times in her heart, but she still maintained her amiability on her face. She choked out, “RongYue, your grandmother knows that you have good medical skills. Save your brother. He’s severely ill. Hurry. He’s dying!”
Qi RongYue glanced faintly at the person on the stretcher lifted up by servants. The youth on the stretcher looked sallow. His eyes were sunken and there was barely any flesh left on his cheeks. He looked like he was dying.
She stood up and approached the stretcher. She stood next to Qi Chenghao and looked at him for a while. She shook her head and said, “It’s too late.”
Nee Liang was shocked and quickly asked, “What? What do you mean? What’s too late?”
Qi RongYue slowly turned around. Her bright eyes looked at Nee Liang’s very haggard face. She mildly replied, “You came too late. You missed the best time for treatment. Even if his life is saved, he won’t be the same as before.”
The old furen was also anxious and distressed. “You – What do you mean? What do you mean he won’t be the same as before? Explain yourself!”
- Want to read more? BUY ME A COFFEE for bonus chapters / parts!
- Want to read even MORE? Consider BECOMING A PATRON for monthly access to rough drafts of advanced chapters!
- Or you can support my work by DONATING DIRECTLY THROUGH PAYPAL!
- Thank you for your support! 🖤